Infertility is not a new issue in the society as it is known to affect at least one in every six couples. It is usually due to either a female factor or a male factor or even a combination of both factors. In vitro fertilization (popularly known as IVF) usually offers the best chance of a couple achieving pregnancy. It can be described as a procedure whereby eggs are extracted from follicles that are ripe in the ovary and consequently fertilized by a sperm outside the woman’s body. Each and every fertilized egg is then allowed to divide specialized growth environment for a period of 3-5 days. Thereafter, some eggs are re-inserted into the uterus. The following write up seeks to answer the question what does Suprefact do in IVF:
Preparation for IVF
The preparation process for IVF constitutes of both physical examinations and clinical histories. It is expounded on as follows:
This is done on both the female and the partner. The aim is usually to determine the blood type and to screen for viruses. Cervical and vaginal secretions analysis may also be carried out as the presence of microorganism may hinder fertilization.
Male factor assessment
This is essentially a sperm functional analysis. Patients with sperm abnormalities or a low sperm count are suitable candidates for the intracytoplasmic sperm injection (popularly known as ICSI).
The first step in IVF
The following is an in-depth discussion of the first step to be observed during the in vitro fertilization process (IVF):
1) IVF medications for ovarian stimulation. The ovaries ought to be stimulated via the following medications in order to produce numerous mature and fertilized eggs referred to as oocytes.i. Gonadotropins – These are Menopur, Puregon and Bravelle. The hormones instigate the follicles to grow and can be subcutaneously self-injected. Their side effects may comprise of local irritation at the site of injection, hot flashes, hormonal changes and mood swings.
2) GnRH Agonists – These constitute of Synarel or Nafarelin, Suprefact or Buserelin Acetate and Luopron. The medications are effective in the suppression the ovarian function. They achieve via turning off the pituitary gland secretion of LH and FSH. This normally happens within the first fortnight after the treatment commences. Most potential patients ask what Suprefact does in IVF, now they know. Synarel is usually administered a spray to the nose. Women that need Lupron are taught how to subcutaneously self-inject it. However, Suprefact is administered by any one of the two routes. Side effects are reduction in libido, local reaction at site of injection and a rush.
3) GnRH Antagonists – These include Citrotide and Orgalutran. They primarily suppress LH secretion by the pituitary gland. This functions to prevent hormonal changes that result in the release of eggs until the eggs can mature in the process of gonadotropin stimulation.
4) Human Chorionic Gonadotropin or HCG – This hormone is secreted by the pituitary glands and functions to mature the eggs. It is administered via subcutaneous injection to the thigh or abdomen. Side effects are depression and lower abdominal bloating.
5) Progesterone – This is a naturally-secreted hormone and is produced at the end of ovulation during the menstrual cycle. It functions to support the uterine lining so that the embryo can be implanted and grow. It is administered via vaginal route via intramuscular injections that are carried out on a daily basis. Side effects are fatigue, dizziness and bloating.
6) Estradiol – This is a hormone secreted at the end of ovulation. It offers additional support as pregnancy develops. It is administered orally.
What does Suprefact do in IVF? Now you know its work.
In 2015, the FDA approved flibanserin (Addyi), also known as “female Viagra,” for marketing after two previously failed attempts. Based on the theory that low libido in women, which is dubbed hypoactive sexual desire disorder (HSDD), is a result of an imbalance of neurotransmitters in the brain, flibanserin works by manipulating a variety of serotonin receptors, with some manipulated by excitation, while others are manipulated via inhibition. According to the prescribing information from Valeant Pharmaceuticals, the “mechanism of action in the treatment of premenopausal women with hypoactive sexual desire disorder is not known.”
How does flibanserin (Addyi) work?
Yes, this is true. But this is true for a lot of medications. Almost one in five medications lack a well-defined mechanism of action. However, flibanserin does not work anything like sildenafil (Viagra), (vardenafil) Levitra, and tadalafil (Cialis) do, which is by causing increased bl ...
There are many fertility treatments such as intrauterine insemination (IUI) and Pregnyl injection available for a couple having challenges with conception. Dealing with infertility isn’t an easy task and a couple should support each other to lessen the burden. If the situation becomes unbearable, the couple may seek professional help; for example, look for a counselor to offer guidance in the trying period. But you know what; others have made it, why not you?
What is Intrauterine Insemination?
IUI is a simple procedure in which the fertility specialist place sperm in your uterus; in short, it shortens the trip for the sperm to the fallopian tubes for easier fertilization in the presence of a female egg. The procedure is helpful to both men and women. IUI is the preferred treatment under the following conditions:
Low sperm count
Poor sperm motility
Ejaculation dysfunction and challenges with timing
Hostile cervical mucus  ...
It is really a very exciting thing trying to get pregnant. However, while many of us think that it will take only a few days to conceive, it can actually consume a lot of time. This can really be extremely frustrating. Fortunately, it is possible to boost your chances of becoming pregnant by a number of ways from altering your diet to trying various sex positions. In this article, we have mentioned information regarding what are the best sex positions to conceive a baby.
Being one of the best sex positions to conceive baby, this style of sex has its own benefits. In this particular position, the man is usually on top while the female lies on her back. The pelvis of the woman isn’t tilted to face downwards and this helps the sperm to travel close to the cervix which assists in conception and also the male partner has a greater scope for achieving deeper penetration. Besides this, it also aids the lovers to feel close to each other and ev ...