Infertility is not a new issue in the society as it is known to affect at least one in every six couples. It is usually due to either a female factor or a male factor or even a combination of both factors. In vitro fertilization (popularly known as IVF) usually offers the best chance of a couple achieving pregnancy. It can be described as a procedure whereby eggs are extracted from follicles that are ripe in the ovary and consequently fertilized by a sperm outside the woman’s body. Each and every fertilized egg is then allowed to divide specialized growth environment for a period of 3-5 days. Thereafter, some eggs are re-inserted into the uterus. The following write up seeks to answer the question what does Suprefact do in IVF:
Preparation for IVF
The preparation process for IVF constitutes of both physical examinations and clinical histories. It is expounded on as follows:
This is done on both the female and the partner. The aim is usually to determine the blood type and to screen for viruses. Cervical and vaginal secretions analysis may also be carried out as the presence of microorganism may hinder fertilization.
Male factor assessment
This is essentially a sperm functional analysis. Patients with sperm abnormalities or a low sperm count are suitable candidates for the intracytoplasmic sperm injection (popularly known as ICSI).
The first step in IVF
The following is an in-depth discussion of the first step to be observed during the in vitro fertilization process (IVF):
1) IVF medications for ovarian stimulation. The ovaries ought to be stimulated via the following medications in order to produce numerous mature and fertilized eggs referred to as oocytes.i. Gonadotropins – These are Menopur, Puregon and Bravelle. The hormones instigate the follicles to grow and can be subcutaneously self-injected. Their side effects may comprise of local irritation at the site of injection, hot flashes, hormonal changes and mood swings.
2) GnRH Agonists – These constitute of Synarel or Nafarelin, Suprefact or Buserelin Acetate and Luopron. The medications are effective in the suppression the ovarian function. They achieve via turning off the pituitary gland secretion of LH and FSH. This normally happens within the first fortnight after the treatment commences. Most potential patients ask what Suprefact does in IVF, now they know. Synarel is usually administered a spray to the nose. Women that need Lupron are taught how to subcutaneously self-inject it. However, Suprefact is administered by any one of the two routes. Side effects are reduction in libido, local reaction at site of injection and a rush.
3) GnRH Antagonists – These include Citrotide and Orgalutran. They primarily suppress LH secretion by the pituitary gland. This functions to prevent hormonal changes that result in the release of eggs until the eggs can mature in the process of gonadotropin stimulation.
4) Human Chorionic Gonadotropin or HCG – This hormone is secreted by the pituitary glands and functions to mature the eggs. It is administered via subcutaneous injection to the thigh or abdomen. Side effects are depression and lower abdominal bloating.
5) Progesterone – This is a naturally-secreted hormone and is produced at the end of ovulation during the menstrual cycle. It functions to support the uterine lining so that the embryo can be implanted and grow. It is administered via vaginal route via intramuscular injections that are carried out on a daily basis. Side effects are fatigue, dizziness and bloating.
6) Estradiol – This is a hormone secreted at the end of ovulation. It offers additional support as pregnancy develops. It is administered orally.
What does Suprefact do in IVF? Now you know its work.
Nortriptyline 10 mg film-coated tablet is a prescription medication called tricyclic antidepressant (TCA) that is used to treat depression. There are two major types of TCA: the first-generation tertiary amine, which includes amitriptyline and imipramine; and the subsequent secondary amine where nortriptyline belongs. The usual starting dose for treating depression with nortriptyline is 25mg to be taken three to four times a day. It is available under the trade names Pamelor, Allegron, Nortrilen, and Aventyl. While nortriptyline is not a first-line treatment for depression, mainly due to the availability of newer selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors or SSRIs, it is still more beneficial for endogenous depression or major depression of melancholic subtype.
Nortriptyline is synthesized by demethylation (removal of a methyl group) of the first-generation TCA, amitriptyline. Nortriptyline is therefore considered as the active metabolite of am ...
Inflammation hurts. But that is just to get your attention. Pain, be it from inflammation, trauma, or even emotionally, is a warning sign that you need to pay attention to something. It’s how we survive as a species. When you bang your thumb with a hammer, the pain you get is your body’s way of telling you, “Don’t do that, stupid! You wanna lose your thumb?”
Not all pain warnings are expressed as elegantly as that, however. In the case of inflammation, besides the obvious warnings of pain and tenderness, there is at work a secret mission to fight the culprit causing injury and to heal and repair the damage done.
While the tissue itself swings into repair mode, it is your circulation that provides the inflammatory response that is the initial part of any healing. Tissue damage, infection, and foreign bodies (like splinters or in-grown hairs) all send out a distress call that mobilizes the cells of your body—white blood c ...
A number of medications are used to restore a woman’s infertility. Some are swallowed, applied, inserted via the vaginal or injected. Many treatment aims to trigger ovulation or aid reproduction in a number of ways. After a lengthy discussion with your fertility specialist, you have decided to go Ovidrel shots. The mere thoughts of injections make you nervous. Although the injections are uncomfortable and unpleasant, with time you will get used to the injections. Inquire from the doctor, if the hospital has a class to learn to administer and their benefits. You can experience Ovidrel side effects as you use the medication.
What is Ovidrel?
The drug contains HCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) hormone that triggers the development of eggs and ovulation. It is used in ART (assisted reproduction technology) like IVF to cause ovulation approximately 36 hours prior insemination or egg retrieval; this is when you can experience unwanted effects of Ovidrel. This ...