This medication is also known under the following names in the USA and Canada:
Brand names: Lotensin
Generic name: Benazepril
Brand Medications For Sale
|Product name||Dosage / Strength|
|Lotensin||5 mg||See Prices|
|Lotensin||10 mg||See Prices|
|Lotensin||20 mg||See Prices|
Generic Medication For Sale -
|Product name||Dosage / Strength|
|Benazepril||5 mg||See Prices|
|Benazepril||10 mg||See Prices|
|Benazepril||20 mg||See Prices|
How to order
You just need to add your medication to your cart in this page, submit your mailing information and payment details. We will ship your order directly to your home for a cheap cost in shipping or even FREE. Learn how to get free shipping here.
You need to have a valid prescription to buy this medication. Uploading your prescription is easy and can always get help from our expert customer representatives by calling in. You can ask your doctor to fax us your prescription directly to speed up the process. Check out our contact information here.
Why Buy From Us
We, YouDrugstore.com, are a legitimate pharmacy in Canada and authorized to sell medication online. That means you can get the same price our regular customers pay when they walk into our pharmacy in Canada. We are in good standing with regulatory agencies in Canada such as the Manitoba International Pharmacists Association (MIPA) and the Canadian International Pharmacy Association (CIPA). Learn more about our Certifications and Accreditations here.
What is Lotensin
Lotensin is the trade name of a prescription drug containing benazepril as the active component. Lotensin belongs to a class of heart medications called ACE inhibitors, and it is used in the management of hypertension (high blood pressure) in combination with other medications. It may also be used for other conditions not listed. It is manufactured by Novartis Pharmaceuticals and is available in different strengths of 5mg, 10mg, 20mg, and 40mg. It is available in bottles of 28 tablets and also packed in a blister pack.
Benazepril is the active component of Lotensin, and it is used to lower high blood pressure. Lotensin works by stopping the activity of ACE, a chemical in the body which acts as a precursor for in producing other chemicals that causes the blood pressure to rise.
- High blood pressure
- Congestive heart failure
- Heart attacks
Generic vs brand name
Lotensin is available as a generic medication called benazepril.
Use your medication as directed by your healthcare professional. If you are not sure of how to, please check with your doctor. It is recommended to take your daily dose Lotensin at the same time every day.
For high blood pressure (hypertension)
- The recommended starting dose for patients not on any water pill is 10mg daily with a maintenance dosage range of 20mg to 40mg a day as a single dose or divided doses.
- Your doctor will adjust the dose accordingly if you are using any water pills and other antihypertensive drugs.
The doctor may be required to prescribe doses that differ from the above dosages, do not change your dose or take the medication contrary to the doctor’s directions
Lotensin may exhibit some side effects, which include, but are not limited to the list below. Report any new experience or feeling occurring after the use of Lotensin.
- Stuffy and runny nose
- Trouble sleeping
- Abdominal pain
- The use of Lotensin is contraindicated in patients who are hypersensitive to benazepril or any of the excipients used in the formulation.
- The use of Lotensin is contraindicated indicated in pregnancy and in breastfeeding.
- The use of Lotensin is contraindicated in patients who have been diagnosed with renovascular hypertension (high blood pressure that affects the kidneys blood vessels).
- Use of Lotensin is contraindicated if you are currently using any medications that contain aliskiren and you are diagnosed with any of the following: diabetes, kidney disease, high levels of potassium, congestive heart failure combined with hypotension.
Always remember to inform your doctor of any allergies or medical condition you may have, medications you are currently taking, if you are breastfeeding or pregnant, and any other important health conditions you might have.
Do not take Lotensin without consulting a doctor if you:
- Are planning to become pregnant or are already pregnant;
- Are allergic to benazepril or any of the medications in the formulation;
Have angioedema and or laryngeal edema can develop at any time when using benazepril;
- Are diagnosed with a liver, kidney disease, and diabetes.
Do not use if you have had stroke or any heart attacks.
Patients should not use any potassium supplements while on benazepril.
Patients should be on the lookout for any infections and report immediately.
Taking Lotensin with certain drugs can either potentiate their effects in the body or nullify them. Therefore, you should know the medicines you take and always remember to tell your healthcare provider when you are prescribed new medicine.
- Potassium supplements
- Anticoagulants (warfarin, heparin)
- Allopurinol to treat gout
- Anti-cancer drugs (methotrexate, temsirolimus and everolimus)
- Anti-diabetic drugs
- Blood pressure-lowering drugs
- Gold to treat rheumatoid arthritis
- Lithium to treat bipolar diseases
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)
- Tetracycline (antibiotic)
- Atenolol, naproxen
Frequently asked questions
How to store Lotensin?
- Store away from direct sunlight and heat.
- Store at room temperature.
- Do not store in a humid place (bathroom).
- Keep in a closed container.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
What if I overdose on Lotensin?
- If you accidentally overdose on Lotensin, seek immediate medical advice or call the Poison Control Helpline at 1-800-222-1222.
What if I miss a dose of Lotensin?
Take a dose as soon as you remember; however, if you remember shortly before the next dose, only take one dose. Never try to double up on the doses.