This medication is also known under the following names in the USA and Canada:
Brand names: Elocom
Generic name: Mometasone
Brand Medications For Sale
|Product name||Dosage / Strength|
|Elocom creams||0.1%||See Prices|
|Elocom lotions||0.1%||See Prices|
|Elocom ointments||0.1%||See Prices|
Generic Medication For Sale -
|No Available Generic Equivalents At The Moment|
How to order
You just need to add your medication to your cart in this page, submit your mailing information and payment details. We will ship your order directly to your home for a cheap cost in shipping or even FREE. Learn how to get free shipping here.
You need to have a valid prescription to buy this medication. Uploading your prescription is easy and can always get help from our expert customer representatives by calling in. You can ask your doctor to fax us your prescription directly to speed up the process. Check out our contact information here.
Why Buy From Us
We, YouDrugstore.com, are a legitimate pharmacy in Canada and authorized to sell medication online. That means you can get the same price our regular customers pay when they walk into our pharmacy in Canada. We are in good standing with regulatory agencies in Canada such as the Manitoba International Pharmacists Association (MIPA) and the Canadian International Pharmacy Association (CIPA). Learn more about our Certifications and Accreditations here.
Information About Elocom and/or Equivalents
What is Elocom?
Elocom, also known as mometasone ointment or cream, is a type of medication that fall under the class of corticosteroids (glucocorticoid). This medication is used in the treatment of skin disorders like eczema and psoriasis. It is also used to alleviate inflammation and allergic reactions of the skin. Elocom is mostly traded in its cream form (topical steroid); however, it can also be inhaled by patients suffering from asthma (spray). It is manufactured by several pharmaceutical companies such as Sandoz Inc., and Tara Pharmaceuticals, just to name a few. Elocom was first approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in April 1987.
The active ingredient in Elocom is known as mometasone furoate. This active ingredient gives the glucocorticoid properties of Elocom which reduce skin irritation or inflammation. Mometasone furoate functions by activating the secretion of anti-inflammatory proteins, inhibiting the activation of inflammatory proteins in the process. It also stabilizes the cell membrane and limits the entry of inflammatory cells into the cell.
- Skin allergies
- Asthma (inhaled in combination with Formoterol)
- Other skin disorders
Generic vs brand name
There is a generic version of this medication available.
Use your medication as directed by your healthcare professional. If you are not sure of how to, please check with your doctor. It is recommended to apply Elocom at about the same time every day.
A thin layer of Elocom is applied on the infected area of the skin once a day
The doctor might prescribe or ask you to use your medication contrary to the recommended application above, do not change without consulting your doctor.
Elocom may exhibit some side effects, which include, but are not limited to the list below. Report any new experience or feeling occurring after the use of Elocom.
- Skin burn
- Skin thinning resulting in easy skin bruising
- Loss of skin elasticity
- Loss of normal skin markings
- Burn or collection of pus at the root of hairs found on the skin
- Dry mouth
- Appearance of dark red warts like spots on the skin especially when applied to the face
- It is not recommended to patients who are allergic to these drugs or any of its chemical components.
- This drug is not recommended for the treatment of diaper rash.
- It is not recommended to wear tight fitting diapers or plastic pants on the infected part of the skin when undergoing treatment with Elocom, as this will allow more of the medication to enter the body.
- It is not recommended to apply Elocom on cuts or bruised/damaged skin.
- It is not recommended to use Elocom if you have a bacterial, virus or parasitic infection of the skin.
- Not recommended for people with acne.
Always remember to inform your doctor of any allergies or medical condition you may have, medications you are currently taking, if you are breastfeeding or pregnant and any other important health conditions you might have.
- Any known allergic reactions to Elocom or its components should be reported immediately to your physician/pharmacist before usage.
- It is important to use care or talk to a physician before applying Elocom on open wounds or damaged skin.
- The growth pattern of children might be affected by this medication. It is important to speak to your physician before usage.
Always ask your doctor or pharmacist about other possible precautions and warnings as the list above may not be exhaustive
Taking Elocom with certain drugs can either potentiate their effects in the body or nullify them. Therefore, you should know the medicines you take and always remember to tell your healthcare provider when you are prescribed new medicine.
- Vitamin B12
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin D3
- ProAir HFA
- Aspirin low strength
Frequently asked questions
How to store Elocom?
- Store away from direct sunlight and heat.
- Store at room temperature.
- Do not store in a humid place.
- Keep in a closed vial and only remove it during time of use.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
What if I overdose on Elocom?
- If you accidentally overdose on Elocom, seek immediate medical advice or call the Poison Control Helpline at 1-800-222-1222.
What if I miss a dose?
Apply Elocom as soon as you remember, however, if you remember shortly before the next application, only apply once. Never double up on the application.